Our company handcrafts all products within two 2 months which accounts for drawing, priming, painting, varnishing, drying and framing times. Other pre-made products usually ship within the week. We do not ship on Fridays. Oftentimes, orders process faster than that but we can’t guarantee a faster processing time.
Made to Order vs. Pre-Made
Check a listing carefully to understand if a product is pre-made and ready to ship or if the product is ordered before it’s handmade.
Both are handmade but the pre-made is shipment ready while the made-to-order products take months(see above) to be created for you.
Look for the following image if a product is ready for shipment immediately:
The product(s) you receive might vary slightly from the product picture due to the nature of your product(s) being 100% handmade to order.
Care for your new product(s) by:
Installing your new painting can be daunting. Here is a useful list of steps to take and video:
* Hand washing mugs in mild warm water and allowing to air dry
* Prints will have the longest life if framed behind UV protective glass and are kept away from direct sunlight.
- Books and journals benefit from your care in setting them on a shelf and regular dusting.
Your product(s) can be damaged if:
- Paintings may be damaged if they are not cared for properly. If they lean against other object or have things placed upon them the canvases may warp or become pocked. It is best to hang them as shown above.
- If it is put into direct sunlight.
- Mugs are not considered dishwasher safe and the printing may fade with repeated washings.
- Books, cards and journals may be damaged if they are exposed to water or dropping. They also may be damaged by pets and children if they are left unsupervised.
We always love creating new products from scratch. However because we will be creating an original painting or work of art for you there is a 50% non-refundable retainer upon signing for a custom work.
Custom orders can have a lengthier processing time.
Ask us for details.
Our company ships through the following carriers
- [UPS, USPS, FEDEX,]
- However with the holidays and the constantly changing impact of COVID-19 around the country and around the world. We strongly suggest that you order by 12/14 to insure delivery for Christmas.
International shipping (if applicable)
We happily support and love our international customers.
We ship all International products through [USPS, UPS, FEDEX, DHS].
Brown Dog Ink is not responsible for duty or brokerage fees for international shipping.
These charges come from your country during importation of your package.
We do our best to apply fair shipping costs to each order.
* Shipping costs are calculated automatically during checkout.
Selecting expedited shipping during checkout does not ensure a faster processing time. Your product may still need 8 weeks to be handmade.
Our policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
Personalized and/or customized goods are exempt from being returned unless the product arrives defective.
Additional non-returnable items:
* Gift cards
- Greeting cards that have been written on or opened.
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
Please do not send your purchase back to the manufacturer.
There are certain situations where only partial refunds are granted: (if applicable)
* Any item not in its original condition, is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error.
- Any item that is returned more than 30 days after delivery
Refunds (if applicable)
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
Late or missing refunds (if applicable)
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.
Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at email@example.com
Sale items (if applicable)
Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately sale items cannot be refunded.
Exchanges (if applicable)
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and send your item to: Brown Dog Ink, ATTN: EXCHANGE, 45 Indian Trail, Shokan, NY 12481
To return your product, you should mail your product to:Brown Dog Ink, ATTN: Returns, 45 Indian Trail, Shokan, NY 12481
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary.
If you are shipping an item over $75, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.